16 oz. mango cut into 1 cm. cubes
1 medium red onion chopped
2 bunches cilantro – chopped
2 oz. fresh lime juice
2 oz. jalapeño – chopped fine
2 red bell pepper – diced
Mix all ingredients together, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to let flavors marry.
Place one medium sized flour tortilla on a hot grill. Add a layer of 2 oz. mixed cheddar and jack cheese, 4 oz grilled chicken breast, and 4 oz. of mango salsa spread liberally and top with 2 more oz. of mixed cheese and another flour tortilla. Cook till golden brown on both sides then cut into wedges. Serve with additional mango salsa on the side.
Enjoy Casa Guadalajara’s famous guacamole with this simple at-home recipe!
4 Hass avocados
2 Limes juiced
1 Small yellow or red onion diced
1 Tomato diced
2 Tablespoons of cilantro leaves finely chopped
1 Teaspoon coarse salt (or to taste)
1 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
½ Teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
1 or 2 Serrano chiles – remove seeds and finely chopped
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit.
- Scoop pulp into medium bowl and add lime juice.
- Mash avocado with fork
- Mix in all other ingredients
- Chill, if desired, and serve
This Valentine’s Day, share a special 3-course menu for only $50 at Casa Guadalajara! Choose from favorites such as Mango Chipotle Mahi-Mahi and Grilled Chicken and Avocado Tacos.
It’s 2020 and Diane Powers’ iconic Casa Guadalajara in Old Town is revamping its Happy Hour offerings with a brand-new menu. Famous for its traditional and contemporary Mexican cuisine inspired by the regional villages of Mexico, the new menu features a mix of classic favorites and original creations.
The Happy Hour menu is available in Casa Guadalajara’s Cantina, Monday-Friday from 4-7 p.m. with purchase of a beverage. Dishes include:
- Cantina Appetizer Platter: Two crispy chipotle chicken taquitos, two quesadilla slices and two chicken flautas, paired with two mini scoops of sour cream and guacamole for $4.
- Chipotle Chicken Taquitos: Pulled chicken in a chipotle tortilla, deep fried and topped with melted cheese, served with guacamole, sour cream and salsa for $6.
- Cheese Quesadilla: A flour tortilla grilled with melted cheese and served with guacamole and sour cream for $4. Add chicken or beef for an additional $2.
- Queso Fundido con Chorizo: Melted jack cheese topped with spicy beef chorizo and served with fresh, handmade tortillas for $6.
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail: Large shrimp, chunks of avocado, cucumbers, celery and onion served in a mildly spicy cocktail sauce for $8.
- Ceviche Campechano Duran: Named after Casa Guadalajara’s beloved chef, this dish features citrus marinated shrimp and fish with chopped tomato, cilantro, onion, cucumbers and avocado with a bit of serrano peppers, served with crispy corn tostaditas for $8.
“With delicious mixed drinks and margaritas that come in a variety of flavors, Casa Guadalajara’s Happy Hour is known as one of the best in Old Town,” said Casa Guadalajara owner Diane Powers. “We’re excited to introduce this new menu and invite everyone to come fiesta with us!”
San Diego Restaurant Week is back from January 19-26! Join us for a week of delicious dishes and discounts. Check out our special lunch and dinner menus below.
Celebrate National Taco Day this Friday October 4 with the “Best No Fish Tacos” in San Diego! This vegetarian favorite features seasoned zucchini fried crisp in a spicy batter and served in corn tortillas with cabbage, black beans, pico de gallo and a special sauce.
The dish typically sells for $14.95, but on National Taco Day guests can enjoy this best-seller for a special price of $12.95!
Love trying new restaurants? San Diego Restaurant Week is the perfect time to do just that! Check out the special menus Casa Guadalajara will be serving for San Diego Restaurant Week, September 22-29.
Nominations are now open for San Diego CityBeat’s “Best of San Diego” poll!
Please help us win in the following categories:
- Best Happy Hour
- Best Margarita
- Best Michelada
- Best Burrito
- Best Family Restaurant
- Best Fish Tacos
- Best Mexican Restaurant
- Best Restaurant Staff
- Best San Diego Restaurant
- Best Tacos
Nominations close on August 13. Final voting will take place August 28-September 17 for the top 5 nominations.
Visit http://bit.ly/CityBeatGuad to learn more.
National Avocado Day is just around the corner and we’re ready!
To share our excitement for this holiest of days, we are doing a National Avocado Day giveaway. Your challenge: Come up with your funniest and most creative avocado or guacamole puns for our caption contest.
Simply visit us on Facebook and caption our “famous” Concha de Guacamole for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to Casa Guadalajara. The most creative entry will be selected as the winner on July 31 at 3 p.m.
*Limit one entry per person.
On Wednesday, July 24, Casa Guadalajara will celebrate National Tequila Day all day long with cocktails and shots featuring the entire line of Don Julio tequilas. These include favorites such as Don Julio Blanco, Don Julio Reposado, Don Julio Anejo, Don Julio Anejo 70th Anniversary and Don Julio 1942.
Customers can also enjoy the Don Julio 70th Anniversary Margarita, made with their 70th Anniversary Tequila, triple sec and premium sweet n’ sour, and served with a shot of Grand Marnier on the side. $18.95 for a small and $22.95 for a medium.
Enjoy National Tequila Day and remember to please drink responsibly!