Posts tagged San Diego Mexican Restaurant
4105 Taylor St., San Diego, CA 92110 619-295-5111
Residents and visitors agree that San Diego Mexican Restaurant Casa Guadalajara is the finest you’ll find this side of the border. Nestled right in the heart of San Diego is a little slice of Mexico. The attention to detail is the signature of owner and highly regarded entrepreneur Diane Powers, who has spared neither time nor expense in creating Mexican authenticity for you to enjoy without having to cross the border.
But don’t take just our word for it. In the past two years Casa Guadalajara received the California Restaurant Association’s award for “Best San Diego Mexican Restaurant 2010″ and was voted “Best Margarita in San Diego” by Star 94.1 FM listeners in May 2011. Now that’s a winning combination: awards for best foods and best margaritas. And in San Diego, competition is fierce among Mexican restaurants, but we provide the finest San Diego Mexican Restaurant dining experience in the historic area known as Old Town in the heart of San Diego.
Enjoy the ambiance for a romantic dinner for two, or a fun filled wedding rehearsal dinner or reception. With our spacious indoor dining area, as well as two outdoor areas, we can accommodate just about any size group. And if your group wants us to bring the party to you, that is absolutely no problem. Our catering and special events department will get mobile and bring it on to give you a most memorable event at the location of your choice.
Whether it be tequila or tamales, burritos or taquitos, we’ve got the dish for you. Did we mention the music? Luciano Rodriguez and his band Cielito Lindo have been providing beautiful music and memories at Casa Guadalajara since 1996. This is no ordinary mariachi band, this is a unique musical experience that people talk about when they leave us as much as they do the food or the margies.
So whether you’re a local or a visitor, don’t miss out on the finest San Diego Mexican Restaurant Casa Guadalajara. We’re waiting to provide you with an experience you’ll be telling friends and family about long after your visit. And we know once you’ve visited us that you’ll be back again and again.
And we’re easy to find:
See you soon!
When it comes to Happy Hour, tequila, margarita’s and fun, the San Diego Mexican Restaurant known to have it all is Casa Guadalajara in Old Town San Diego. Serving over 50 different types of tequila, the bartenders at Casa Guadalajara can help you choose the particular tequila that best suits your particular taste buds.
According to http://www.tequila.net there are nearly 1000 different brands of tequila to choose from, and our staff has narrowed it down to what we believe are 50 of the finest available. While we’re not quite able to give you a detailed history and details on all the choices available, we can break it down to some basic elements to help you decide where to start the next time you visit us for dinner or Happy Hour, which runs from 4-7 pm daily in our cantina.
Tequila.net provides this excellent summary: “the main two types of Tequila are first split into two categories, 100% Blue Agave, and Tequila Mixto (Mixed). Mixto Tequila contains a minimum of 51% Blue Agave, and the remaining 49% from other sugars (typically cane sugars). The additional products allowed in Mixto Tequilas are caramel color, oak extract flavoring, glycerin, and sugar based syrup. Mixto Tequila can now be bottled outside of the Tequila territory, including other countries, which started January 6, 2006.”
Just like going into a Starbucks and ordering coffee can be a bit intimidating with all of the choices and terminology most of us don’t understand, it can be the same when ordering Tequila. In our next blog post we’ll dive deeper into the five different types of tequila and you’ll then be able to narrow it down to a couple you can sample next time you visit us.
Casa Guadalajara is located at 4105 Taylor St. in Old Town, San Diego. Visit us for Happy Hour from 4-7 pm daily, then stay for a fabulous Mexican dinner in one of the most authentic and colorful restaurants you’ll ever visit. We look forward to seeing you soon. Mas tequila!